Full Moon Mini Backpacking Trip
Saturday, October 15th from 5:00pm to Sunday, October 16th around 1pm.
Come explore nature at night in this one day mini backpacking course and full moon experience. During this course we will cover a basic overview of how to backpack while enjoying a campfire experience and a full moon meditation. We will have dinner together on Saturday night and breakfast together on Sunday morning before hiking out.
• Backpacking Safety
• Trip Planning
• Water and Sanitation
• Leave No Trace
• Modern Survival: Fires
• Modern Survival: Tarp Shelters
Full Moon Experience:
• Full Moon meditation
• Native American flute
I will provide the "camp kitchen". This includes camp stoves, pots, pans, cutting boards, and knifes. I will also provide Hors d'oeuvres Saturday night and an egg and bacon breakfast on Sunday.
You Will Need This Equipment:
• 1 fleece top with outer rain layer (or)
• 1 warm winter jacket
• 1 pair (top and bottom) of thin poly-pros for travel and work
• comfortable pants (nylon), and tee shirt
• Poly-pro glove liners or gloves
• 2 pair hiking socks
• Warm beanie for head
• Hiking boots or tennis shoes
• 3-season sleeping bag
• 1 foam/thermarest sleeping pads
• 1 Nalgine water bottle plus extra water bottle
• Headlamp with extra batteries
• Tupperware container w/ plastic fork (for eating)
• Pocket knife (sharp)
• Camp chair (recommended)
• Mosquito repellent
• Water proof jacket shell, and water proof pants
• Leather gloves for playing with fire
• Extra pair of camp shoes (sandals etc.)
If you are missing any of the above equipment, let me know. I have some equipment for rent and some we can find substitutions for.
Hiking distance: ~4 miles
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
Cost: Suggested donation of $40 dollars.
Location: Soda Creek Rd in Idaho Spings (click for maps link)