April Full Moon Spirit Hike
Friday, April 22nd from 7:30pm to 11:30pm
Hey Everyone, I went up to the trail-head yesterday to check on the conditions because of the heavy snow fall last weekend and I want to make you aware of a few things.
1. The last 1/4 mile of road is a dirt road and a complete mess. I will have my truck at the bottom of the road and I will carry you up to the trail-head if you wish to avoid driving it.
2. There is a foot of snow in some places. I walked the entire trail yesterday in my boots, so it is possible, but if you have snowshoes you should bring them. Otherwise, be sure to wear snow or rain pants with warm boots.
3. I will bring my extra six pairs of snowshoes for people to use if they want.
4. Bring an extra pair of warm socks just in case your feet get wet.
5. I will camping up there tonight after our hike.
Let me know if you have any questions. Best, David 720-505-1399
Let the energy of nature and the full moon replenish you! Enjoy the challenge of a hike at night that culminates in a spiritual campfire experience.
This spiritual experience includes:
-A sage ceremony
-Native American flute playing
-A community campfire experience
-Storytelling and lore
-Wilderness skills including:
-One match fire
-Leave No Trace Principles
-North star orientation
-Leave No Trace fire
During the Full Moon Spirit Hike, you will try something new, face the challenge of the night, and laugh with new friends.
Hiking distance: ~3 miles
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
Cost: Suggested donation of $25 dollars.
Suggested Equipment List:
Boots and wool socks
Warm pants or snow pants
Insulated or down jacket
Beanie and warm gloves
Extra warm layers
Liter of water
Headlamp or flashlight
Call or email David with any email@example.com/505/1399